At an early age, Greg Owens was introduced to rehabbing buildings with his father. He was involved in all aspects of repairs from painting, electrical, plumbing, framing and roofing. Several years later, he saw an article about the building inspection business and knew that that was the career for him.
After completing extensive training, Greg started his building inspection services company affiliated with National Property Inspections in April of 1991 servicing Chicago’s Northwest and North Suburbs. At that time, the building inspection business was in its infancy. Many people didn’t even know what a building inspection was. The hardest aspect at that time was not only selling yourself, but also selling the concept of having a home inspection done. Greg was instrumental in representing to the real estate industry the importance of having a building inspection performed prior to the purchase of a home. Now he is known as one of the most knowledgeable and thorough building inspectors in Northern Illinois.
In 2016 Greg left the National Property Inspection franchise and started Illinois Inspection Consultants which performs home inspections in Chicago’s Northwest and North Suburbs.
Greg Owens has completed over 19,000 building inspections.
- State of Illinois Licensed Home Inspector #450-000190 (View License)
- State of Illinois Licensed Radon Testing Professional RN192058
- American Society of Home Inspectors Certified Member
- American Society of Home Inspectors Great Lakes Chapter Member
- National Association of Home Inspectors Member
- International Association of Certified Thermographers Member